Thinking about a topic related to:
1. Use subject headings!
2. Take advantage of any “times cited” or “cited by” features (available most prominently in Google Scholar, EBSCO and JSTOR).
3. If I search for DOCTORS PATIENTS COMMUNICATION, what does the database search for?
4. To search for a phrase, put quotation marks around the phrase: “doctor-patient communication.” (this applies in every database I’m aware of).
5. To search for synonyms, combine them with an OR.
6. To expand your search, use wildcards or truncation figures.
- Doctor w/s patient : Requires that the words be in the same sentence.
- Doctor w/p patient : Requires that the words be in the same paragraph.