What sources did they use to write their articles/books? Are any of those sources available to you?
1. Use subject headings!
2. Take advantage of any “times cited” or “cited by” features (available most prominently in Google Scholar, EBSCO and JSTOR).
3. If I search for DOCTORS PATIENTS COMMUNICATION, what does the database search for?
4. To search for a phrase, put quotation marks around the phrase: “doctor-patient communication.” (this applies in every database I’m aware of).
5. To search for synonyms, combine them with an OR.
6. To expand your search, use wildcards or truncation figures.
- Doctor w/s patient : Requires that the words be in the same sentence.
- Doctor w/p patient : Requires that the words be in the same paragraph.